Position: Communication Manager
Reports to: Deputy Director
Status: 25 hours week/hourly
Supervises: Marketing Interns
Job Summary: The Communications Manager is responsible for the coordination and execution of all graphic design elements, copywriting and email initiatives, social media strategies, website content management, and cross-market opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conceive, maintain and implement a communications plan
- Design all ads, invitations, signage, banners for the organization.
- Ensure that the organizational website is consistently updated and accurate
- Create bi-monthly mass emails, festival email marketing campaigns, and stakeholder emails including member and alumni filmmaker emails.
- Create weekly Outfest Now subscriber emails and regular non-subscriber marketing emails.
- Maintain and coordinate communications about Outfest and its programs and activities using methods such as list serves, emails, email newsletters, targeted lists, blogs, social network sites
- Management of Outfest e-communications and social networking sites, such as but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, WordPress, MailChimp and Salesforce.
- Track and record data metrics for Outfest brand for social networking, blog, and website analytics, Google alerts including all media coverage
- Coordinate and track the distribution of printed marketing materials
- Work cooperatively with all departments in order to fulfill activations and disseminate information externally
- Maintain and manage Communications & Social Media Calendars
- Use metrics and ticket sales to evaluate the effectiveness of marketing and social media campaigns and report weekly stats to staff
- Oversee, implement and track promotional offers
- Work with select staff to strategize campaigns, partnerships, activities, and content to drive web traffic and social networking interactions
- Ensure that all Outfest events, activities, and programs are documented via still/digital photography and video and that documentation is shared via press and social networking outlets in a timely manner
- Supervise and direct the workflow of the seasonal LA County Arts Commission Outreach Intern and volunteer leader teams
- Must have at least 2 years of managing professional online communities and social media platforms.
- Experience creating dialogue across multiple communications platforms
- Strong knowledge and skill using MS Office Suite (Excel, Word), Google Apps (Gmail, Google Drive, etc.), WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator & Photoshop) and direct mail campaign software such as MailChimp.
- Strong knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, etc. including best practices, algorithm optimization, trends and administration/management of these platforms.
- Previous database experience (FileMaker, Salesforce or similar)
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results through creative and diverse strategies
- Familiarity with issues relevant to LGBTQ media and institutional/education market
- Experience in video streaming and/or subscription video-on-demand services is a big plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, follow-through and persistence.
- Ability to be both engaging and professional when making presentations at events and meetings.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and to succeed under pressure
- Detail-oriented and demonstrated attention to accuracy
- Able to work well in a team and independently
- Commitment to working collaboratively with a diverse team of staff and volunteers
- Able to express a commitment to Outfest’s mission and an understanding of our programs