Outfest Los Angeles Development Assistant
Status: Seasonal | Full-Time | Majority of the work will be from home with some in-person meetings as safety protocols lift. The Festival work itself will be in person.
Reports to: Development Coordinator
Dates: Immediate – September 10, 2021
Rate: $18/hr for a 40 hour workweek
The Development Assistant works to support the Development Coordinator, Corporate Relations Manager, and Director of Development in the Development Department. This staff position is focused on assisting the department to fundraise for the organization through administrative work in order to achieve the fulfillment of sponsors' benefits and provide excellent customer service to Outfest members in preparation for the Outfest Los Angeles LGBTQ Film Festival.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Maintain Development Department organization systems (Salesforce, Join It)
● Maintain professional communications with sponsors and members as needed
● Update and record membership and sponsorship information through database management
● Assist in the coordination of mailings of the program guide and ticketing reservation forms
● Create and send donation receipts for in-kind contributions
● Manage sponsor activation shipments and tracking
● Update and archive hard and digital copies of development paperwork
● Work with the Box Office team to process member and sponsor ticket orders
● Serve as the on-site liaison between sponsors, members, and Development Team as needed during the festival
● Assist on-site with fundraisers and events prior to and during the festival as needed
● Customer Service or Hospitality experience required
● Strong social skills required
● Must have strong knowledge and skill using MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Google Apps (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Calendar, etc.)
● Must have experience working with Mac processors
● Must be able to take direction from supervisors and work independently
● Detail-oriented and demonstrated attention to accuracy
● Able to work well in a team environment
● Familiarity with, and sensitivity to, diverse issues surrounding the LGBTQ+ community
● Prior experience supervising volunteers
● Excellent writing and correspondence skills
● Experience with Salesforce software or similar database management
● Experience with Photoshop and/or Adobe Creative Suite Apps
● Comfortable with providing customer service via telephone, email, and in-person
● Ability to travel and attend meetings, presentations, and events outside of your home
● Work occasional weekends and/or extended workdays
Outfest creates visibility to diverse LGBTQ+ stories and empowers storytellers, building empathy to drive meaningful social change. Founded by UCLA students in 1982, Outfest is the leading organization that promotes equality by creating, sharing, and protecting LGBTQ+ stories on the screen. Outfest builds community by connecting diverse populations to discover, discuss and celebrate stories of LGBTQ+ lives. Over the past three decades, Outfest has showcased thousands of films from around the world to audiences of nearly a million, educated and mentored hundreds of emerging filmmakers, and protected more than 30,000 LGBTQ+ films and moving images.
Outfest is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. Applications are encouraged from all persons regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical/physical/mental condition, pregnancy/childbirth and related medical condition, age, marital status, or veteran status.
Your application was submitted successfully.